Seaforth is a small coastal holiday and fishing town located 35km North-northwest of Mackay.
In 1899 the Queensland Government bought Seaforth Estate from H.M. Finlayson as a settlement and named it Springcliff, however local residents always called it Seaforth and it was officially renamed in 1966.
The trip to Seaforth takes you past beautiful and mountainous countryside. Seaforth itself is a quaint beachfront town that is also one of the most popular recreational fishing destinations in the Mackay region, especially with its well maintained boat ramp at Victor Creek.
Today sugar and tourism are thriving industries for Seaforth. the township offers all vital services including two multi-purpose stores that sell fuel, bait, take away food, souvenirs and supplies. Other facilities include a bowls club, public swimming enclosure, nearby public toilets, and a well maintained caravan and camping area located directly on the beach.
Sunday morning markets offer local crafts, produce and bargains from 8.30 am to 11.30 am every week. The Pictorial History of Seaforth Area and Mural can be seen at the Seaforth Community Hall on Wednesdays 9.00 am to 11.00 am or by appointment.
Click Here for a lot more information about Seaforth.